The subaracnoide hemorrhage is a type of apoplejíaque happens when a blood vessel breaks and the full blood quickly the area of immediate way that surrounds to the brain and spinal marrow called a subaracnoide space. This space contains the cefalorraquídeo liquid, which cushions and lubricates to the brain and spinal marrow. This condition of threat for the life, that requires well-taken care of doctor of emergency, can increase the pressure around the brain and can interfere with its function.
The subaracnoide hemorrhage approximately happens in 30,000 Americans every year and is commonest in people between the 35 and 65 years of age. It is caused generally by:
Factors of Risk :
- Serious injury in the head
- Rupture of cerebral aneurisms and other deformities of the blood vessels in the base of the brain (spontaneous subaracnoide hemorrhage); generally these defects are present from the birth.
The following factors increase their probabilities of developing subaracnoide hemorrhage. If you know that you have some of these factors of risk, dígaselo to its doctor:
- Upheavals associated with debilitated blood vessels, including poliquística renal disease, displasia to fibromuscular, or upheavals of the
- Historial conectivo weave passed of aneurisms
- The elevated arterial pressure increase the risk of rupture of aneurisms Of smoking
If you experience some of these symptoms she does not assume that she must to subaracnoide hemorrhage. These symptoms can be caused by other less serious conditions of health. Nevertheless, if you experience some of them, it obtains immediate medical attention.
- A sudden and unbearable headache
- Weakness in a flank of its body
- Adormecimiento or inexplicable creeps
- To drag the words or another alteration of the speech
- Problems of the vision, like double vision, blind points, or temporary loss of the vision in a side
- Rigidity in the neck or pain in the shoulder
His doctor will ask about his symptoms and clinical antecedents to him, and he will make a physical examination to him. The tests can include the following ones:
- A computerized tomografía of lumbar the head
- Lumbar Punción (spinal punción) to determine if there is blood in the cefalorraquídeo liquid
- Angiograma, in which images are taken from the blood vessels of the brain after dye in the sanguineous torrent is injected
The subaracnoide hemorrhage is a serious condition that it requires of initial treatment in the unit of intensive care. In spite of the treatment, approximately the 25-30% of the patients with spontaneous subaracnoide hemorrhage dies.
The objective of the treatment is to stop the bled one, to limit the damage the brain, and to reduce the recurrence risk. If the bled one is because of a cerebral aneurism, generally a surgeon will try to stop using it several techniques. The patients receive medicines to assure the appropriate flow blood to the rest of the brain, and must at rest remain absolute in bed to come up bled additional. Once the situation becomes stabilized, the patients undertake a vigorous program of rehabilitation
The present aneurisms from the birth cannot be come up and because they are so rare, the doctors do not recommend revision for them. Nevertheless, not to smoke and to control the arterial pressure, in theory can reduce the risk of a rupture if an aneurism exists. If by chance a nonbroken aneurism in a young individual is discovered, it will retire to him generally surgically if it is possible.
The consistent use of lap belts and helmets for motorcycle can reduce the risk of subaracnoide hemorrhage because of trauma in the head.